Review of: Crown of Blood and Ruin (Broken Kingdoms book 3) by L.J. Andrews

 Crown of Blood and Ruin (Broken Kingdoms book 3) by L.J. Andrews

Blurb

War begins. But secrets have the power to end...everything.


Fallen princess. Traitor. Queen.

Forsaking her people and her birthright, Elise Lysander takes her place at the side of the new fae king of a broken land. Revered by some, hated by many, Elise’s fight for her love and freedom is only beginning.

As secrets of Castle Ravenspire come to light, Elise and Valen discover their enemies hold more power than they ever imagined.

It will take more than blades to defeat them.

Fulfilling a dangerous request from Valen’s imprisoned brother. Destroying a prophecy of fate kept in the hands of Elise's brutal sister. And an unwilling alliance with a shadowed thief from a neighboring kingdom that might end in victory or more death.

Blood is calling. War will answer.

But for Elise and Valen this fight could be their hard-fought salvation…or a vicious end to everything they love.


Filled with luscious world building, banter-filled romance, and epic battles, this final book in the Northern Kingdom is part Viking, part fairy tale. One-click to start reading today.

Rating and Review

Overall Rating: 3.25/5 stars

Rating for the entire series: 3.75-4/5 starts

Review:

(Just for reference, I wrote this back in February lol)

I’d give this book 3.25 out of 5 stars. In total, for the first 3 books in the series, I give them 3.75 to 4 stars⭐️ though because it was the series that got my back into reading, and I appreciate it for that if nothing else. But for this book, it was honestly good but a bit slow at times. We were building to the war, which was good, but I think it needed to be a little bit quicker. There was a lot of time that could’ve been cut out. Although I think it was kind of realistic that they didn’t jump straight into war, and maybe that was just for the best. I read the bonus scene of the story that took place a year later, and I much preferred that as the ending of the story than the one in the book. The book had a good ending; don’t get me wrong, but I just thought we would end in Elise’s pov, and when we didn’t, I didn’t think it was over. All in all, I really, really, really liked this first section of the series, and I think I’ll read the next three. Not next, thoughπŸ˜‚πŸ˜…. I'm going to read some other fantasy in between before I read the next three books.

Extras: 

So... what I said at the end there...that wasn't true lol. After I read a few contemporary romances, I picked this series up again with the fourth book. I started the sixth book recently, but I took a break from it to read something else. The reviews of the fourth and fifth will come soon, thoughπŸ˜‰
 
Sex scenes: Okay, so part of the reason the book’s rating is low is because of the sex scenes. Like…why???🀣😭they were written so well, like soooo good. But they had to be the worst place and the worst time??? The first sex scene was fine: They had sex in their bed after Valen said he wanted to make Elise his queen, and she was happy. The second though…was on a beach 🀒😡‍πŸ’«πŸ€§πŸ« πŸ«₯🫑🫣like…what??? Why on a beach?? I was reading it, and I was like, “So…they’re doing all this…and she finna have sand up there. Gross.” It ruined the scene for me honestly. They were having sex on their clothes sure, but they were still on sand. The clothes could’ve moved, who knows?? And the third sex scene was weird to me because it was after the war. I forget how long, but I think it was either that night or a week later. If it was a week later, then whatever, it was good. But if it was that night…yikes😧. Nothing like almost dying and getting killed on the battlefield to get the sex started. Just. Weird ones this book. Like I said, they were written so well, but they had to be in those circumstances, didn’t they? Ugh πŸ˜£

Thank you for Reading!

Thank you for reading my review! I love you so much, and I hope you stick around for future posts about the other books I've read and will read.

Have you read this book? What did you think of it? Let me know in the comments! Also, let me know of any romance novels or fantasy romance novels you think I should read!


See You Next Week!



Comments